One (More) Good Deed!
NOVEMBER 6, 2017
2017 is an amazing milestone for Canada and this year Canada is celebrating it’s 150th Sesquicentennial Anniversary! Weber Supply wanted to celebrate with Canada in a unique way.
For the past 150 weekdays, our amazing staff members have come up with 150 creative ways to make an impact on someone’s life. Our campaign started on April 1st, and today comes to a close as we celebrate our final Good Deed – Number 150.
In honour of deed 150, we gave each employee a $10 gift card for Tim Hortons. In our effort to keep the momentum and spirit going, we encouraged our staff to pass their gift card along to someone in their community.
Below are just a few of the ways that our employees have passed it on.
- Passed a gift card on to a 78-year-old lady who continues to clean offices so she can support her daughter and grand-daughter
- Bought coffee for volunteers at the Chestermere Mayor Elections
- Passed it on to the person/family living at 150 Weber St. in Kitchener
- Passed on to a Day Home lady who cut care costs so that the child she looks after would be able to attend swimming lessons
- Donated to a close family member currently undergoing treatment at the London Cancer Clinic, who will be taking in timbits for all the nurses that go above and beyond to keep patients spirits up
- Donated all staff members cards to The Women’s Community of London
- Passed on gift cards to a friend battling cancer in hopes of brightening her day
- Left a gift card at the drive-thru of Tim Hortons along with a donation of their own to pay for the people in vehicles behind
- Passed card along, with an additional 3 gift cards to a single mother of three with low income.
- Gifted to the Canadian Mental Health Association
- Donated to the Educational Assistants who spend their days working with students with both physical and behavioral needs at Craig Keilburger High School
- Donated to a school for a prize for the Halloween Dance-A-Thon fundraiser
We would like to thank all of our staff across all of our branches for their support and efforts that were put into this campaign over the last 150 days.